You can leverage a smartphone as a laptop or desktop replacement. Here at the Smartphone Exec, I do my best to demonstrate how. A lot of people ask me how I do it, and I’ll be honest, it’s not (yet) easy. But, you probably already have one in your pocket right now, so why not? But where to start? There’s a lot of questions people naturally have. So let’s try to get you going on this path by giving you some reading materials to get you started:
Becoming a Smartphone Exec
- If you’re new to this site, you should start with what got me going down this path: My smartphone history, the rules I’m following and why I chose this particular phone right now
- Then it’s useful to know about the various peripherals that you’re going to want to be leveraging. It’s hard to type on a phone as an example. You’ll also need some Smartphone Apps to make your life easier.
- At that point you’re going to be running low on battery life if you’ve actually made the leap, so start learning about your power options.
- Then let’s celebrate with some of the benefits of travelling light.
- You can even learn how to program on a smartphone.
- And if you’re adventurous and decide to use it as your main work environment you should look through the workflow section.
That should give you a good foundation upon which to start moving towards a smartphone as a desktop replacement. Modern cell phones have so much to offer in the way of app ecosystems and hardware. You’re living in the best time to start this project along with me. Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook to get regular updates as well. I hope you like it and feel free to give me feedback anytime!